Therefore, please excuse its informal appearance as it's being worked on.
|Game(s)||Newer Super Mario Bros. DS|
Another Super Mario Bros. Wii
Newer: Summer Sun
|Appearances||(DS) Ropeblast Tower|
(DS) Fliptube Tower
(DS) Hivetree Tower
(DS) Spiritful Steeple
(DS) Icecrack Citadel
(DS) Shockbelt Spire
(DS) Skewerspring Tower
(DS) Lavalit Tower
(DS) Bowser's Castle
(AN) World 4-
(AN) World 6-
(AN) World 8-
(Sun) World 8-
Bowser Jr. is the son of Bowser and a major antagonist in Newer Super Mario Bros. DS. He acts as the boss of every tower and also is the one who kidnaps Princess Peach. He also appears in Another Super Mario Bros. Wii and Newer: Summer Sun, acting as the boss of every airship.
In Newer Super Mario Bros. DS, Bowser Jr. has two forms, indicated by whether or not he is wearing his bandanna on his face.
The easier of the two forms, this kind of Bowser Jr. fight appears within Ropeblast Tower of Goldleaf Plains, Fliptube Tower of Crystal Sewers, Hivetree Tower of Dorrie's Island, Spiritful Steeple of Pumpkin Boneyard, and Icecrack Citadel of Moonview Glacier. Each fight has minor alterations of Bowser Jr.'s behavior and the arena, listed below.
Bowser Jr. will run around the arena, following the player. To damage Bowser Jr., the player must either jump on his head (ground-pounding does double damage) or shoot fireballs at him. If the player jumps or ground pounds on him, he will retreat in his shell for a moment, hurting the player on touch. If the player isn't near, he will eventually get out of his shell, continuing to run around. The player must jump on Bowser Jr. three times (if using ground pounds, just two) to end the fight.
Each Bowser Jr. fight will have three "phases," changing when he's jumped on or if he receives enough fireball damage. These phases may ramp up his speed, or give him the ability to jump high in an arch. Listed below is more information about each fight.
- Ropeblast Tower: This is Bowser Jr.'s most basic fight. There are no extra enemies and the arena is a simple box. Bowser Jr.'s phases will firstly go slow speed, secondly medium speed, and thirdly medium speed. Bowser Jr. will not jump.
- Fliptube Tower: This Bowser Jr. fight takes place in an arena made entirely out of Warp Pipes, with two Fire Piranha Plants at each side. Bowser Jr.'s phases will firstly go slow speed, secondly slow speed and jumping, and thirdly medium speed and jumping.
- Hivetree Tower: This Bowser Jr. fight takes place at the top of the tree, where Crowbers will infinitely spawn. Bowser Jr.'s phases will firstly go slow speed, secondly medium speed and jumping, and thirdly fast speed and jumping.
- Spiritful Steeple: This Bowser Jr. fight takes place in a boxed room with two Boos on each side. Bowser Jr.'s phases will firstly go slow speed, secondly slow speed and jumping, and thirdly medium speed and jumping.
- Icecrack Citadel: This Bowser Jr. fight takes place in a snowy boxed room with lit Bob-ombs constantly falling from the ceiling (which can have the ability to knock him over). Bowser Jr.'s phases will firstly go slow speed, secondly medium speed and jumping, and thirdly fast speed and jumping.
This second more difficult kind of Bowser Jr. fight appears within Shockbelt Spire of Lunar Realm, Skewerspring Tower of Cirrus Heavens, and Lavalit Tower and Bowser's Castle of Koopa Country. Once again, each fight has minor alterations, listed below.
This form can be distinguished by whether or not Bowser Jr. is wearing his bandanna over his mouth. If he is, that means he's using the bandanna form.
Bowser Jr. will run around the arena as usual, following the player—although this time, when you get close enough to him, he'll retract in his shell, blocking any jump. The player will instead have to deal damage by jumping on the Koopa Troopa shells he now throws occasionally after stopping to prepare his throw and throwing them at him. On a successful hit, Bowser Jr. will fall over onto his stomach, allowing the player to jump on him before he once again retreats into his shell to continue running. Except for his final fight in Bowser's Castle, Bowser Jr. can still be damaged with fireballs.
As with his normal form, each Bowser Jr. fight will have three "phases," changing when he's jumped on after being stunned or if he receives enough fireball damage. These phases may ramp up his speed, or give him the ability to jump high in an arch. Listed below is more information about each fight.
- Shockbelt Spire: This Bowser Jr. fight takes place on a platform with two pits at each side. The battle uses space physics and has no extra enemies—as with every other bandanna form battle. Bowser Jr.'s phases will firstly go slow speed, secondly medium speed, and thirdly medium speed. Bowser Jr. will not jump.
- Skewerspring Tower: This Bowser Jr. fight takes place in an open room, where the floor is a constantly shifting Moving Stone Block. Bowser Jr.'s phases will firstly go slow speed, secondly slow speed, and thirdly medium speed. Bowser Jr. will not jump.
- Lavalit Tower: This Bowser Jr. fight takes place in an extremely dark room with two pits at each side, Moving Stone Blocks shifting above them. Bowser Jr.'s phases will firstly go slow speed, secondly slow speed and jumping, and thirdly medium speed and jumping.
- Bowser's Castle: This Bowser Jr. fight is fought along with Bowser, who hovers above, hurting the player on touch. Bowser Jr. will not jump and cannot be hurt by fireballs, so the player has to hit him with his own Koopa Troopa shells. Ground pounds also only do one damage instead of two. Each time Bowser Jr. is hit, he will retreat into his shell as one of two outcomes can happen: either Bullet Bills and Banzai Bills shoot across the screen in a specific pattern or Podoboos fall out of the sky. When these outcomes are over, Bowser Jr. will continue as normal. After being hit three times, Bowser Jr. will be defeated, initiating the second section of Bowser's boss fight.
Bowser Jr. will tease the player before entering his Koopa Clown Car, initiating the battle. Bowser Jr. will fly around the top of the screen, shooting fireballs at the player which leave small flames on the floor. Lined across the sides of the arena are several Propeller Blocks, which the player must use to reach up high and jump on Bowser Jr.'s head. When Bowser Jr. is jumped on thrice, the battle ends.
Fought in World 6- of World 6, this fight is mostly a bumper car challenge. You hop in your Koopa Clown Car and use it as a bumper car. There is an electric fence on both sides of the wall. Try to bump Jr. into this fence, but beware, Jr. will try to do the same thing. Bump him into the fence two more times.
The final fight with Bowser Jr. that takes place in World 8- of World 8. Jr. trades his small beat-up Koopa Clown Car for a new, bigger, more powerful one. This fight looks intimidating, but it's not that hard. Jr. will fly around and shoot fireballs at you. Finally, the Koopa Clown Car will shoot a big spiky bomb. Ground pound the floor to hit Jr. with his bomb. The second phase is very similar, expect Jr.'s fireballs stay there for a while, blazing on the ground. In the final phase, Jr.'s bomb will be huge! But do not fear, just ground the floor, and send the bomb right back at him!
|Areas||Levels||Everbrown Meadow • Chopwood Cavern • Snailicorn Grove • Ropeblast Tower • Wiggler Woods • Unsteady Gorge • Goldbush Pond • Leafpile Castle|
|Other||Item House • 1-UP House • Mega House • World 1- • Special House|
|Enemies||Enemies||Banzai Bill • Big Dry Bones • Big Goomba • Big Piranha Plant • Big Snailicorn • Big Spiny • Big Wiggler • Boomerang Bro • Buzzy Beetle • Cheep Cheep • Cheep Chomp • Dry Bones • Goomba • Hammer Bro • Koopa Paratroopa • Koopa Troopa • Mega Spiny • Mega Wiggler • Piranha Plant • Scuttlebug • Snailicorn • Spike Bass • Spike Top • Spiny • Wiggler|
|Bosses||Bowser Jr. • Bowser|
|Areas||Levels||Crystalswoop Grotto • Pipebreak Cave • Switching Sewer • Hydroskip Drain • Wagon Way • Fliptube Tower • Tightrope Ravine • Gushing Culvert • Flameburst Flotilla|
|Other||Item House • 1-UP House • Mega House • World 2-|
|Enemies||Enemies||Big Piranha Plant • Big Swoop • Bob-omb • Bullet Bill • Buzzy Beetle • Cheep Cheep • Dry Bones • Fire Piranha Plant • Hammer Bro • Koopa Paratroopa • Koopa Troopa • Mega Cheep Cheep • Piranha Plant • Skeeter • Swoop|
|Bosses||Bowser Jr. • Mega Goomba|
|Areas||Levels||Sandy Shore • Unagi Borough • Palmthorn Beach • Dorrie Den • Skeeter Coast • Hivetree Tower • Honeycomb Thicket • The House of Blocks • Overgrown Armoury|
|Other||Item House • 1-UP House • Mega House • World 3-|
|Enemies||Enemies||Balloon Boo • Big Dry Bones • Big Goomba • Big Wiggler • Boo • Cheep Cheep • Cheep Chomp • Crowber • Deep Cheep • Dry Bones • Dorrie • Fire Piranha Plant • Goomba • Koopa Paratroopa • Koopa Troopa • Lakitu • Mega Deep Cheep • Mega Unagi • Micro Goomba • Piranha Plant • Scuttlebug • Skeeter • Spike Bass • Spiny • Squiggler • Unagi • Wiggler|
|Bosses||Bowser Jr. • Cheepskipper|
|Areas||Levels||Pumpkin Thornhill • Broozer Sward • Ectoplasm Hollow • Spiritful Steeple • Bone Marrow Road • Flimsy Gulch • The House of Doors • Arachnid Charnel • Grimoire Grounds • Derelict Schooner|
|Other||Item House • 1-UP House • Mega House • World 4-|
|Enemies||Enemies||Balloon Boo • Banzai Bill • Big Bone Piranha Plant • Big Dry Bones • Big Splunkin • Bone Goomba • Bone Piranha Plant • Boo • Broozer • Bullet Bill • Circling Boo Buddies • Crowber • Dry Bones • Scuttlebug • Splunkin • Sushi|
|Bosses||Bowser Jr. • Dry Bowser|
|Areas||Levels||Snowfield Plateau • Everfrost Hole • Blizzard Bluffs • Icecrack Citadel • Snowstorm Ridge • Precarious Byway • Candelabrum Cavern • The House of Stairs • Icesmolder Lake • Freezeflame Fortress|
|Other||Item House • 1-UP House • Mega House • World 5-|
|Enemies||Enemies||Banzai Bill • Big Dry Bones • Big Splunkin • Bob-omb • Boo • Bullet Bill • Christmas Goomba • Circling Boo Buddies • Dry Bones • Fire Bro • Hammer Bro • Ice Pokey • Koopa Paratroopa • Koopa Troopa • Mega Splunkin • Podoboo • Snow Spike • Splunkin|
|Bosses||Bowser Jr. • King Boo • Snowipokey|
|Highhop Pass • Asteroid Valley • Mt. Skydrop • Shockbelt Spire • Meteor Lane • Napalm Nebula • Runbow Road • Sledge Summits • Shape Zone • Freeleap Galaxy • Thornspire Doomship|
|Item House • 1-UP House • Mega House|
|Amp • Big Dry Bones • Big Star • Blockhopper • Bob-omb • Boomerang Bro • Chomp • Dry Bones • Golden Chomp • Hammer Bro • Kab-omb • Koopa Paratroopa • Koopa Troopa • Meteorite • Micro Chomp • Moneybags • Rainbow Thwomp • Sledge Bro • Snailicorn • Space Goomba • Spiny • Star|
|Bowser Jr. • Petey Piranha|
|Areas||Levels||Lavender Skybridge • The House of Bogus • Muncher Romp • Tipsaw Trench • Skewerspring Tower • Cloudbolt Chasm • Gigantic Gardens • Gusty Gap • Spiny Swings • Ballistic Breach • Stormeye Stronghold|
|Other||Item House • 1-UP House • Mega House|
|Enemies||Enemies||Balloon Boo • Banzai Bill • Big Buzzy Beetle • Big Dry Bones • Big Koopa Troopa • Big Muncher • Big Piranha Plant • Big Spiny • Big Whomp • Broozer • Bullet Bill • Cloudoboo • Dry Bones • Fly Guy • Hammer Bro • Koopa Paratroopa • Koopa Troopa • Muncher • Paragoomba • Piranha Plant • Shy Guy • Spiny • Thunder Cloud • Whomp|
|Bosses||Bowser Jr. • Lakithunder|
|Areas||Levels||Boomblast Badlands • Sandstream Tunnel • Lavalit Tower • Wicked Gale Vale • Skyglare Dryland • Ironclad Battalion • Basalt Bay • Bombkey Banks • Slitherthorn Grotto • Firehoop Inferno • Magmatrack Getaway • Bowser's Castle|
|Other||Item House • 1-UP House • Mega House|
|Enemies||Enemies||Amp • Angry Sun • Banzai Bill • Big Bob-omb • Big Chain Chomp • Big Dry Bones • Big Goomba • Big Koopa Troopa • Big Muncher • Big Spiny • Bob-omb • Bombkey • Bomb Spike • Bone Piranha Plant • Boomerang Bro • Bowser Cart • Bowser Statue • Bullet Bill • Buzzy Beetle • Chain Chomp • Dry Bones • Fire Bro • Firehoop • Fire Snake • Goomba • Hammer Bro • Koopa Paratroopa • Koopa Troopa • Mad Moon • Mega Chain Chomp • Muncher • Podoboo • Pokey • Sledge Bro • Spiny • Volcanic Debris|
|Bosses||Bowser Jr. • Monty Tank • Bowser|
|Characters||Protagonists||Mario • Luigi • Yellow Toad • Blue Toad|
|Worlds||World 1||World 1- • World 1-1 • World 1-2 • World 1-3 • World 1- • World 1-4 • World 1-5 • World 1-6 • World 1-|
|World 2||World 2-1 • World 2-2 • World 2-3 • World 2-4 • World 2-5 • World 2-7 • World 2-|
|World 5||World 5-1 • World 5-2 • World 5-3 • World 5-|
|World 8||World 8-1 • World 8-2 • World 8-7 • World 8- • World 8-|
|World 9||World 9-1|
|Items||Powerups||Super Mushroom • 1UP Mushroom • Mini Mushroom • Propeller Mushroom • Fire Flower • Ice Flower • Penguin Suit • Super Star|