Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii
Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii Plus
|Game||Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii|
|Level type||Tower, Autoscrolling|
|Boss||Pyro and Cryo|
|Previous level||(5-3) Frosty Highlands|
(5-5) Snowfall Peak
|Next level||(5-6) Molten Icelifts|
Crystalfrost Tower (or World 5-) is the tower and the sixth level of Freezeflame Glacier in Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii. It takes place in a snow-covered tower filled with Skewers and Dry Bones. Pyro and Cryo are fought at its top.
Crystalfrost Tower is unlocked by completing Frosty Highlands or the normal exit of Snowfall Peak. Completing it will unlock Molten Icelifts.
Pyro and Cryo will both hop out of their water or lava pools like normal bubbles, thus beginning the fight. Kamek will automatically provide Mario a Yoshi to use. Pyro will shoot fireballs, while Cryo will shoot ice balls. You must use the Yoshi to swallow either a fire or ice ball, and spit it at the opposite element, for example, iceballs at Pyro, and fireballs at Cryo. Additionally, you can use powerups to attack them. The damaged bubble will shrink in side. You must take either Pyro or Cryo down three times. When one of them dissolve, the remaining Bubble will run away, ending the battle.
- Star Coin 1: Not too far into the level, this Star Coin will be in plain sight over some Skewers. Carefully jump to get it.
- Star Coin 2: A Propeller Suit, which can be used before the level, is needed for this Star Coin. After the checkpoint, this Star Coin will be over some Skewers. Carefully fly up to it to get it.
- Star Coin 3: Near the end, this Star Coin will be in plain sight. Quickly grab onto the ledge it is under and go towards it.
- This tower has the longest time limit out of all the tower courses in the game, clocking in at around 13 minutes 20 seconds in the game and around 10 to 11 minutes in real time.
- In 2-player mode, the time limit changes to 15 minutes in-game (12 minutes in real time.)
|Freezeflame Glacier / Freezeflame Volcano|
|Areas||Levels||Snowfield Tundra • Snowball Field • Frosty Highlands • Frostbite Ridge • Snowfall Peak • Crystalfrost Tower • Molten Icelifts • Penguin Heatbath • Magma Iceburrow • Lavafrost Cavern • Glacier Lavalake • Chillsear Castle • Snowdrift Airship|
|Other||Glacial Market • Frosty Music House|
|Enemies||Enemies||Banzai Bill • Big Piranha Plant • Big Podoboo • Bull's-Eye Bill • Bullet Bill • Christmas Goomba • Cooligan • Dry Bones • Fire Bro • Fire Piranha Plant • Fish Bone • Flame Chomp • Goomba • Huck-Ice Crab • Ice Bro • Koopa Paratroopa • Koopa Troopa • Muncher • Piranha Plant • Podoboo • Snow Pokey • Snow Spike • Sweater Koopa Troopa|
|Bosses||Pyro and Cryo • Wendy O. Koopa|