Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii
Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii Plus
|Game||Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii|
|Level type||Lava, Underground|
|Previous level||(8-2) Pendulum Tower|
|Next level||(8-) Bowser's Keep|
Dragonride Firesea (or World 8-A) is the only alternate level of Koopa Core in Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii. It's a Spine Coaster ride tasking the player with collecting all thirty Red Rings.
Dragonride Firesea is unlocked by completing Pendulum Tower. Completing it will unlock Bowser's Keep.
Although the level has a strange time limit of 655 seconds, it can be completed in less than 100 in-game seconds. It begins with the opening room, with a Question Block that gives you a Fire Flower. When you enter the main room, you will already notice Spine Coasters that move in much faster speeds than they did in the original New Super Mario Bros. Wii. There will also be twenty-nine Red Rings that must be collected to unlock the third Star Coin, which is blocked by a wall that requires thirty red rings. Other than Lava Geysers and the lava itself, there are no enemies in the level.
- Star Coin 1: The first time you transfer Spine Coasters, jump when it curves up to reach this Star Coin,
- Star Coin 2: Later on in the level, you'll find this Star Coin right in the middle of four Red Rings. It is in plain sight and you'll be sure not to miss it.
- Star Coin 3: This Star Coin will prove to be brutally difficult, perhaps the hardest in the game. To get this Star Coin, you must collect every Red Ring you see in this level, all twenty-nine rings in the main section and the last one in the final room. With the sheer speed that the Spine Coasters move at, it will take many tries to collect them all, so try to aim for this last Star Coin in your second run of this level. When you do collect all twenty-nine rings in the main section, collecting the thirtieth Red Ring in the final room will open up the gate that blocks the Star Coin.
|Core||Greenhorn Forest from Wario World.||Entrance and exit room|
|Fire||Original song.||Main area|
- This level has the exact same concept as World 8-7 from Another Super Mario Bros. Wii.
- This level has a high time limit of 655 seconds, although the level can be completed in less than 100 seconds.
|Koopa Planet / Koopa Core|
|Areas||Levels||Batallion Frontier • Jet Airship • Burnstone Flowfalls • Factory Tower • Molten Airship • Bowser's Castle • Underground Railroad • Volcano Rapids • Magmaworks Factory • Pendulum Tower • Eruption Crater • Ironworks Forge • Dragonride Firesea • Bowser's Keep|
|Other||Challenge House G|
|Enemies||Enemies||Amp • Banzai Bill • Big Dry Bones • Big Hothead • Bob-omb • Bowser Statue • Chain Chomp • Dry Bones • Fire Bro • Fire Piranha Plant • Fire Snake • Fish Bone • Flame Chomp • Hothead • Koopa Troopa • Mechakoopa • Mega Magma Podoboo • Micro Hothead • Parabomb • Podoboo • Rocky Wrench • Sledge Bro • Spike • Swoop|
|Bosses||Kamek • Bowser|