Therefore, please excuse its informal appearance as it's being worked on.
Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii
Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii Plus
|Game||Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii|
|Level type||Lava, Underground|
|Enemies||Big Dry Bones|
|Previous level||(8-2) Pendulum Tower|
|Next level||(8-9) Ironworks Forge|
Eruption Crater (or World 8-8) is the fifth level of Koopa Core in Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii. It is a unique level where lava constantly rises as the screen constantly shakes.
Eruption Crater is unlocked by completing Pendulum Tower. Completing it will unlock Ironworks Forge.
This level takes place in a volcano with rising lava. It resembles World 8-6 in New Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. Wii, however, Eruption Crater is much more fast-paced and includes a horizontal section towards the end. As you play throughout this level, the screen will shake and your Wii remote will vibrate constantly if you have vibration turned on.
The first vertical section features climbable fences and Dry Bones throughout, and lava rising very quickly. Continuing, the second section is a horizontal section with hammerswings that will block your way out. As with the first section, the lava rises as well. Towards the end is a Red Ring, and at the very end is the exit Warp Pipe out of the volcano. Once this goal pole room is reached, the timer freezes completely.
- Star Coin 1: In the first section, use either the left or right fence and jump off it to reach the Star Coin in the middle.
- Star Coin 2: Right after the spring section, IMMEDIATELY run to the left of the screen to collect the Star Coin before the spiky balls fill the ground. Do not hesitate as they will spawn in big numbers and if you aren't fast enough, will force you to take damage trying to collect it.
- Star Coin 3: In the second section, let the second hammerswing swing to the left, then collect the Star Coin which was previously hidden.
|Factory||Factory from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.||Throughout (fast version only)|
- This level is the first and only for many things. It is the only level to shake throughout the entirety of the level, and the only level to cause your Wii remote to vibrate constantly. It is also the only level along with Underground Railroad where the timer freezes completely at the end of the level, and the only normal level where the timer forcefully changes to a certain number in the middle of the level. Finally, this is the only level in the entire game, let alone the entire series, to lack a checkpoint. The only exception to this is See you next time! from Newer: Falling Leaf, however, it is not an actual level.
- In "Newer Wii Development 11/07/2013 (World Maps in development)", this level and Ironworks Forge appear to be switched on the world map.
- In this same video, this level is shown with the name "Rising Lava Cave" in Ironworks Forge's place.
- In the 1.2.0 update, the shaking intensity throughout the level is drastically decreased, with only periodic calm shaking, as opposed to the constant intense shaking seen before the 1.2.0 update.
- This level used to have lowest timer in the entire Newer Super Mario Bros. series with only 101 seconds, though it was eventually beat by Runbow Road of Lunar Realm in Newer Super Mario Bros. DS with a measly 75 seconds.
- It is also the only level besides Snowfall Peak to have a time limit that is a prime number, with Snowfall Peak having a 599 second timer.
- The music in this level, along with Ironworks Forge, is a remix of the theme from the Vim Factory in Mario and Luigi: Partners In Time.
|Koopa Planet / Koopa Core|
|Areas||Levels||Batallion Frontier • Jet Airship • Burnstone Flowfalls • Factory Tower • Molten Airship • Bowser's Castle • Underground Railroad • Volcano Rapids • Magmaworks Factory • Pendulum Tower • Eruption Crater • Ironworks Forge • Dragonride Firesea • Bowser's Keep|
|Other||Challenge House G|
|Enemies||Enemies||Amp • Banzai Bill • Big Dry Bones • Big Hothead • Bob-omb • Bowser Statue • Chain Chomp • Dry Bones • Fire Bro • Fire Piranha Plant • Fire Snake • Fish Bone • Flame Chomp • Hothead • Koopa Troopa • Mechakoopa • Mega Magma Podoboo • Micro Hothead • Parabomb • Podoboo • Rocky Wrench • Sledge Bro • Spike • Swoop|
|Bosses||Kamek • Bowser|