Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii
Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii Plus
|Game||Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii|
Koopa Paratroopas (G & R)
|Previous level||(A-3) Fall Harvest|
(A-A) Goldbuzz Forest
|Next level||(2-4) Cascade Chasm|
|“||A fortress that collapsed due to the sheer amount of leaves piled on top of it. Tread carefully!||”|
|~ The official Newer website.|
Leafpile Fortress (or World A-) is the fortress and the fourth and final level of Goldwood Forest in Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii. It is a leaf-covered fort full of dangerous enemies. No boss is fought at its end.
Leafpile Fortress is unlocked by completing Fall Harvest or the normal exit of Goldbuzz Forest. Completing it will unlock Cascade Chasm in Soggy Sewers.
As with every other fortress in Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii, there is no boss at the end of the level. This level takes place in an open-air fortress ruins. Leaves fall from the sky, with a heavy abundance of Koopa Paratroopas throughout, with the Fire Bros. appearing throughout as well. Also common are the Fire Bros. and Boomerang Bros, the latter making one of its only appearances in the game in this level.
- Star Coin 1: After the first Hammer Bro, use the green Koopa Paratroopa to reach up to the ceiling where you will find the first Star Coin.
- Star Coin 2: Just before the checkpoint, you'll find the Star Coin above an abyss. Either toss a nearby Koopa Shell at it or try to wall jump to collect it.
- Star Coin 3: There are three ways to obtain the following Star Coin:
- Method 1: Get a Springboard from a Question Block right before the P Switch, then use it to reach the aforementioned switch. Then, run to the right before the P Switch runs out until you reach a little hole in the ceiling. Wall jump up the hole, then get the Star Coin.
- Method 2: Get the Springboard from the same Question Block, then jump over the Koopa Paratroopas. Use the springboard to jump up the hole in the ceiling, then get the Star Coin.
- Method 3: If you have a Propeller Suit, once you reach the hole in the ceiling, simply fly up.
- Background for this level was said by Skawo "a castle that collapsed due to an enormous amount of leaves falling on top of it".
|Areas||Levels||Autumn Plateau • Appletree Woods • Fall Harvest • Goldbuzz Forest • Leafpile Fortress|
|Other||Fallmart • Goldwood Music House|
|Enemies||Enemies||Big Koopa Troopa • Boomerang Bro • Bramball • Buzzy Beetle • Fire Bro • Goomba • Hammer Bro • Koopa Paratroopa • Koopa Troopa • Monty Mole • Piranha Plant • Spike Top • Venus Fire Trap • Wiggler|