Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii
Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii Plus
|Game||Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii|
|Level type||Lava, Underground|
Koopa Troopas (Red)
|Previous level||(8-) Bowser's Keep (?)|
(9-10) Black Clappers (shortcut)
|Next level||(9-2) Brown Forest|
Red Lava (or World 9-1) is the first level of Special World in Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii. It takes place inside a cavern full of red-hot lava and Water Balls.
Red Lava is unlocked by completing Bowser's Keep and collecting all 354 prior Star Coins. Completing it will unlock Brown Forest. Alternatively, Red Lava can be accessed through a shortcut by completing Black Clappers, though it would have already been completed.
This level's color theme is red. There is a lot of lava, as well as water bubbles throughout the level, some with Urchins in them. It is a fairly short level.
- Star Coin 1: After the set of two Koopa Troopas should be a Star Coin right above an uneven platform. Drop down to collect the Star Coin, and then jump back to the bubble before the platform falls into the lava..
- Star Coin 2: You will need a Super Star, and possibly even a Penguin Suit. In the middle of the first giant water bubble section, grab the Super Star in the Question Block provided and then swim as fast as you can to kill the Big Urchin that is covering the Star Coin up.
- Star Coin 3: Just before the flagpole should be the third and final Star Coin. Use the bubbles or a Propeller Suit if you have one to reach the Star Coin.
- As suggested in the level's files, there is an inaccessible secret exit that may be linked to the unused Special World. This level, along with Brown Forest, Orange Prairie, Yellow Beach, Mossdeep Greens, Blue Chilldesert and Navyblue Molemine all have inaccessible secret exits.
- It is likely that the other Special World levels not mentioned above may also have had secret exits planned in early development.
|Areas||Levels||Red Lava • Brown Forest • Orange Prairie • Yellow Beach • Mossdeep Greens • Blue Chilldesert • Navyblue Molemine • Purple Sewer • Grey Mountains • Black Clappers|
|Enemies||Enemies||Angry Sun • Big Dry Bones • Big Goomba • Big Koopa Troopa • Big Muncher • Big Piranha Plant • Big Spiny • Big Stalking Piranha Plant • Big Urchin • Big Wiggler • Bull's-Eye Bill • Christmas Goomba • Cooligan • Dry Bones • Fire Piranha Plant • Goomba • Hammer Bro • Koopa Paratroopa • Koopa Troopa • Mad Moon • Magma Podoboo • Mega Goomba • Mega Monty Mole • Mega Muncher • Mega Spiny • Monty Mole • Muncher • Piranha Plant • Podoboo • Poison Podoboo • Porcupuffer • Spike • Spiny • Stone Spike • Urchin • Volcanic Debris • Wiggler|