Therefore, please excuse its informal appearance as it's being worked on.
|Game||Newer Super Mario Bros. DS|
|Level type||Tower, Autoscrolling|
|Previous level||(4-3) Ectoplasm Hollow|
(4-1) Pumpkin Thornhill (secret)
|Next level||(4-4) Bone Marrow Road|
(4-A) Flimsy Gulch (purchase)
Spiritful Steeple (or World 4-) is the tower and the fourth level of Pumpkin Boneyard in Newer Super Mario Bros. DS. It takes place in a tower that resembles a ghost house, mainly consisting of an autoscrolling Balloon Boo-filled lift ride akin to Spookloft Tower in Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii. Bowser Jr. is fought at its top.
Spiritful Steeple is unlocked by completing Ectoplasm Hollow or the secret exit of Pumpkin Thornhill. Completing it will unlock Bone Marrow Road and a Star Coin Sign blocking Flimsy Gulch.
- Star Coin 1: Once you see the Star Coin on the very left, quickly run to the right and hit the activator block to break the Stone Blocks, and then run to the left to collect the Star Coin before the lift rises too far up.
- Star Coin 2: Towards the middle of the level, you should see four Question Blocks. Hit the middle Question Block to reveal a Super Star in the left one. Then, be sure to use it and then use your invincibility to kill the Balloon Boo on the right and reveal a Star Coin underneath.
- Star Coin 3: In the second to last room, follow up the lift with the coins and stick to the right of the screen. At the top of this room, when the Balloon Boos stop appearing on that side, you should find the Star Coin. Be sure to grab it quickly as the lift moves fairly quickly.
|Walkthrough (8:47 to 10:55)|
- Unlike all other towers in Newer Super Mario Bros. DS, Spiritful Steeple does not use the standard tower theme and uses the Ghost House theme instead.
- Spiritful Steeple, Ropeblast Tower, and Shockbelt Spire are the only towers in the Newer Super Mario Bros. DS to have proper boss doors leading to their arenas.
- This tower has the shortest time limit out of all the towers in Newer Super Mario Bros. DS. While most last 8 minutes 20 seconds in the game (around 6 minutes 40 seconds in real time), Spiritful Steeple's time limit masts a mere 5 minutes in-game (4 real-time minutes).
|Ghost House||Castle and fortress theme from Yoshi's Island.||Main areas|
|Tower Boss||Remixed boss theme from Super Mario World with a few elements of the version from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.||Bowser Jr. boss fight|
|Areas||Levels||Pumpkin Thornhill • Broozer Sward • Ectoplasm Hollow • Spiritful Steeple • Bone Marrow Road • Flimsy Gulch • The House of Doors • Arachnid Charnel • Grimoire Grounds • Derelict Schooner|
|Other||Item House • 1-UP House • Mega House • World 4-|
|Enemies||Enemies||Balloon Boo • Banzai Bill • Big Bone Piranha Plant • Big Dry Bones • Big Splunkin • Bone Goomba • Bone Piranha Plant • Boo • Broozer • Bullet Bill • Circling Boo Buddies • Crowber • Dry Bones • Scuttlebug • Splunkin • Sushi|
|Bosses||Bowser Jr. • Dry Bowser|