Therefore, please excuse its informal appearance as it's being worked on.
Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii
Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii Plus
|Game||Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii|
|Level type||Lava, Underground, Autoscrolling|
|Previous level||(8-) Bowser's Castle|
|Next level||(8-6) Volcano Rapids|
Underground Railroad (or World 8-) is the first level of Koopa Core in Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii. It's an underground autoscrolling train ride full of lava and poison clouds.
Underground Railroad is unlocked by completing Bowser's Castle in Koopa Planet. Completing it will unlock Volcano Rapids.
This level takes place in an underground cave on a series of trains, with lava on the ground. Like Jet Airship, the level autoscrolls quickly and scrolls faster as you progress through the level. Basic airship enemies, such as Mechakoopas and Rocky Wrenches, appear throughout. It is a very fast paced level, with not only the autoscrolling speeding up after the checkpoint, but the lava rising to a point where the ground is not safe to stand on. However, this may just be the fact that the trains aren't continuous after the checkpoint, and the ground not being accessible anyway before that.
- Star Coin 1: After the rolling wheels with the Mecha-koopas, jump or wall-jump to the top platform to get the first Star Coin. The blocks on the other end will break, allowing you to move forward.
- Star Coin 2: After the checkpoint, right after the gray moving platforms, jump on top of a rolling wheel to get the second Star Coin.
- Star Coin 3: After the part with the three rolling wheels, jump down to get the third Star Coin, then wall-jump out of there to not die.
|Train||Glitz Pit from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.||Throughout|
- Although not marked with a number and instead designated with a train icon, Underground Railroad is considered as World 8-5, as Molten Airship, the previous numbered level, and Volcano Rapids, the next, are shown as World 8-4 and World 8-6 respectively.
- In "NEWER SMBW: YE OLDE VIDEO 2", this level is shown with the name "Cavetrain".
|Koopa Planet / Koopa Core|
|Areas||Levels||Batallion Frontier • Jet Airship • Burnstone Flowfalls • Factory Tower • Molten Airship • Bowser's Castle • Underground Railroad • Volcano Rapids • Magmaworks Factory • Pendulum Tower • Eruption Crater • Ironworks Forge • Dragonride Firesea • Bowser's Keep|
|Other||Challenge House G|
|Enemies||Enemies||Amp • Banzai Bill • Big Dry Bones • Big Hothead • Bob-omb • Bowser Statue • Chain Chomp • Dry Bones • Fire Bro • Fire Piranha Plant • Fire Snake • Fish Bone • Flame Chomp • Hothead • Koopa Troopa • Mechakoopa • Mega Magma Podoboo • Micro Hothead • Parabomb • Podoboo • Rocky Wrench • Sledge Bro • Spike • Swoop|
|Bosses||Kamek • Bowser|